Monday, July 20, 2009

Woe is me

I don’t think of myself as a “whiny” person, but I feel particularly “whiny” today. First, it’s Monday, and even though I worked yesterday, which means Monday is not the first day of my work week, I still blame Monday just for being “Monday.”

Monday will never be thought of in the same way as the fun, carefree and popular “Fridays” and “Saturdays,” or respected in any way like the more serious, contemplative, but wonderfully restful and comforting “Sundays.” No, Mondays are the “ugly, teased” kids at the party and always will be. Even the nerds that are Tuesday and Thursday have more friends. Mondays are loners. Mondays grow up to be school shooters.

On top of it being Monday, I just don’t feel well. I got into some dust or pollen on Saturday that has really aggravated my allergies. Runny nose, scratchy throat, coughing, headache, etc., etc. My head is in armed conflict with itself and the rest of my body, and like most modern wars, everyone’s a loser. The Chemical warfare waged last night did not vanquish the enemy as intended, but kept me awake for most of the night, and has left me a glassy-eyed, staggering zombie, prone to loud, unexpected sneezes and trance-like stares into nothingness.

I suppose it is fortunate for my family that I am not at home this week, because I am not a joy to be around. You can’t have “whiny” without a double dose of “grumpy,” and if I weren’t already obstinate enough (or so I hear), then just slap me around with some allergies and drain me of most of my energy.

Of course, I know how amazingly pathetic it is to whine over some allergies. It will pass. My staggeringly well maintained healthy lifestyle will soon return and I’ll be dancing on rooftops before I know it. I am well aware of how fortunate I am compared to so many others who are having serious health issues. I’m just being whiny.

Truth be told, I am not really a “glass half empty” kind of person. In general, I not only see LIFE as “half full,” but sparkling, cool, and amazingly tasty. It truly is a beautiful thing…this crystal clear glass of refreshing liquid. It’s up to my clumsy old self to keep from spilling it.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Bruce ..

    > You may find interesting that ALLERGY Disease Equates to > 4 Days / Yr Absentee'im and 40 Days of Presentee'ism ( LostProductivity casued by Your Allergies / Med's ).

    So....

    Do You or Loved One ( allergies are InHerited ..so Get YOUR Kids Treated ) > SUFFER from > Enviro & FOOD > ALLERGIES / Allergic Asthma ?

    If YOU Could > Drop YOUR Allergies and Breathe-IN-Life…

    For > FREE ! > Would YOU ?

    Test / Identify / Know / TREAT > YOUR > Unique > Enviro & FOOD Allergy Disease Profile > FREE !

    www. Drop Your Allergies .com >> Announces !

    YOUR > Custom >> Breathe - IN - Life >> Allergy Neutralization Promotion !

    >> FREE > Enviro ImmunoTherapy ALLERGY DROPs > Custom Formulated > Specifically to Neutralize YOUR > “Allergy Blood Test Identified” > Offending > Geo-Regional > Seasonal & Year-round Allergens.

    >> FREE > FOOD Allergy DIET “Action” Plan >Custom Generated > Based on YOUR > Allergy Blood Test Identified > Offending Immediate & Delayed FOODs > Suggesting FOODs to Eat, Not Eat, Restrict / ReIntroduce.

    Nothing to Lose > But YOUR > Enviro & FOOD > Allergies !

    YOUR > 3 Allergy Treatment > OPTIONs > But Only 1 Solution !

    > Option #1) Avoid your Offending Allergens !

    Live Your Life in a Bubble ? > Impossible !

    Most / If Not ALL > Offending Allergens are Omni-Present in Today’s Society.

    > Option #2) Take Allergy Medications ALL Your Life !

    Allergy Med’s ONLY Mask Symptoms
    While the Progression of Your Allergy Disease > Continues / Exacerbates ( Ouch ! )

    Leading to a LifeTime, Slippery Slope of Multiple “Allergy Driven”
    Recalcitrant Diseases, Health Complications & compromised Quality of Life ( Ouch ! ).

    > > #3) YOUR Allergy > SOLUTION > Designed specifically to Neutralize > What YOU Are Allergic TO !

    Visit Your > Primary Care Dr. Today for an Insurance Covered,

    Geo-Regional, Seasonal & Year-round Enviro ALLERGY Blood Test

    Allergy SHOTs ( Ouch ) >> Have Been Replaced by Allergy DROPs :

    Once Your Offending Allergens are Identified via YOUR Allergy Test …

    > Your Primary Dr. will Prescribe Self Administered Immuno-ALLERGY DROPs
    > Which are CUSTOM Formulated to Neutralize What YOU are Allergic To !

    As with “Old School” Allergy SHOTs,
    Your Drug Free, Allergy ImmunoTherapy DROPs ReCaliberate Your Immune System…
    Producing Lasting Relief from Allergy Symptoms, Health Complications & compromised Quality of Life !

    FDA ? Yes !
    YOUR Allergy DROPs > Are Custom Formulated using FDA Approved Extracts of YOUR Offending Allergens > Your DROPs are Drug FREE and are Available > NOW !
    Via ANY > U.S.A. Physician > CAN Prescribe YOUR > Allergy DROPs.


    YOUR > PATIENT-Centric > CUSTOM Allergy Program

    Designed specifically to > Test / Identify / Target / Treat / Neutralize…

    YOUR > UNIQUE > Environmental and FOOD Allergy Disease Profile.

    Visit > www. Breathe – IN – Life .com >> SEE >> How YOU Can >> Drop Your Allergies !

    YOUR >> One Size Fits > ONE >> YOU ! > Allergy Neutralization Program !

    Best Health = Wealth Regards,

    Stephen
    DropYourAllergies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable...I finally get a comment on my blog...and it's a commercial!

    ReplyDelete